Saturday, April 14, 2012

Day 313.... Tie Dye Fun!!

Tie Dying T-shirts has been on my list of fun things to do with the kids for the last few years. Today we finally did it. The kids had fun trying to design the way their t-shirts would come out. We bought a kit for $5 that was on clearance at Walmart. It had been $10. I thought for the money it was a great deal. It included the bottles, three dyes, rubber bands, gloves, and instruction kit. I have saved the bottles, instructions, and rubber bands so that we can do it again. We picked up t-shirts for $2.50 at Walgreens. Total for 4 shirts $15. 
Kenna was the first to give it a go!! She had done this before at a birthday party. 
We used plastic garbage bags to cover the table. I would suggest giving each kid their own as the die can get messy and screw up your design. 
The end result.. Not bad for a first try. I think my favorites were Maddie and Jack. Kenna needed more color at the top and Carson's is good but he got some of the purple die on his in a few spots. Super fun!! We may try it again for the 4th of July!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment