Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Day 260... Crepes Alaska

This is a picture of what we call Crepes Alaska. When I was young, my sister and her best friend Candy discovered this fabulous, fancy, dessert. They found it at a place called Josephines. It was a restaurant in the mall on the top floor of Joseph Hornes Department Store. I think I remember going once with my mom to try them. Talk about a wonderful treat. A crepe stuffed with vanilla ice cream and then topped with whip cream and chocolate syrup. YUM!!

Tonight for fun we decided to teach the team to make this wonderfully tasty and oh so yummy creation!! 
Johns recipe for crepes... 
2 eggs whisked
1/2 cup of milk
1tsp of vanilla
2 tbsp melted butter
1 cup of flour
Mix these all together with a whisk, blender, or beaters.
This recipe made 7 crepes.
Use a crepe pan or nonstick small skillet on med/high heat. We poured about 1/4 cup of batter per crepe. 
Let the crepes cool. Fill the middle with vanilla ice cream. Fold and flip seam side down. Then top with whip cream and chocolate syrup. 

I like teaching my kids to make recipes from my childhood.  I think it is fun to share a story about where a recipe came from, what my memories were when I had it for the first time,  and then create it together. Something fun to do and hopefully a memory made for each of them!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment