Saturday, February 18, 2012

Day 257... Callaway Gardens


Today we headed to Callaway Gardens. We have never been there before. We checked the weather yesterday and it looked like it was supposed to be 65 and Sunny.  We were really excited about the weather for the day, however, apparently the forecasters were WRONG!! As soon as we got there it started to sprinkle. It increased to a full rain pour before we left.  We were a little bummed about this as we really were hoping to walk the lake and walk along the trails. We were also hoping to see the outdoor Bird of Prey show. Oh well!!  We made the best of the day and enjoyed the butterfly center and horticultural center. Both were very nice.


I don't know what it is about these head shot pics but they make me LAUGH!! 

My kids were really excited that it was sprinkling because it meant they could wear their hoodies. I never let them wear their hoods up.  I don't know what it is about them that I HATE so much, but I just do. The other funny part about this picture is that they all had a hoodie on. NOT planned at all. I see my kids blowing this picture up as a GAG gift for me in the future. 

John and the team outside the butterfly center. They have great little benches and swings to sit on!!

Maddie was really excited to find ladybugs in the butterfly house. He was hiding just under this leaf. 

A nice lady took this picture of all of us in the Horticultural center.

Maddie walking over the Bridge to Tarabithia!!! 
We found this flower in the center. Had to get a picture of my SNOW WHITE next to this SNOWWHITE!! Shameless PLUG for the show I know..  It opens this Thursday and runs until March 10th!! 

Admission is FREE for Callaway Gardens, yes FREE for the month of February. If you are looking for a fun and inexpensive outing, this was LOTS of fun!! I wish we could have done more than we did, but that just gives us a reason to go back sometime!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment