Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Day 218,,, Apples and Bananas for dinner!!

Years ago when my kids were little I came up with a quick, easy, and FUN dinner that I would let them have once or twice a year. Banana's, Ritz Crackers, Peanut butter and mini chocolate chips. I loved it because they all would eat it, it was pretty healthy, and it required 1 knife and 4 plates. Talk about easy cleanup.

This year we added an apple and some granola to the party mix. I had seen this combo on Pinterest and wanted to give it a try. Talk about YUMMY!! So good. My kids loved creating their own combos and thoroughly enjoyed dinner tonight. Everyone including daddy gave it two thumbs up for yum and fun!!

Apple, granola, and chocolate chips!! YUM!!

Our ingredients. Super easy and very little mess or cleanup!

Everybody got a starter plate that looked like this. As you needed more ingredients we gave them out. When they were little I gave them the crackers with the Peanut butter already on them. They just used their fingers then to top with banana, chocolate chips etc. .

Jack building his apple creation.

Maddie with her Ritz, peanut butter, banana, and chocolate chips. "This is just delicious mama!!"

Carson made a MONSTER creation using everything on top of the apple. Messy but good.

Where do I sign up for this dinner/snack again??

No comments:

Post a Comment