Thursday, January 19, 2012

Day 227... Winter Mural


Have I mentioned before how much I love the ideas and inspiration that I get from Pinterest? 


This idea came from there. We took a snow owl craft for kids and made it larger by doing three trees and turning it into a mural for over our fireplace. 


Here John is painting the moon. " I see the moon and the moon see's me!"


All the boys working on the tree's.

Carson working on his owl in the tree. For the owls we used our thumb print and then filled in the details with a little yellow paint and a sharpie.


Putting on the finishing touches!!

Our finished winter mural. I cut out some letters for the fireplace to complete the look. We may make some snow lanterns to sit on the fireplace to add a little glow. I wish the owls were a little bigger but overall I think it turned out pretty nice. It makes me happy to see the Christmas garland gone but the fireplace still decorated for winter!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment